The advantages of recycling are well known. Most of us no longer need to be reminded of the benefits of recycling. The question here is; are you doing it the right way? It is not just about sending your things off to a waste management company. There are other things as well that you can do to contribute to the purpose. Falling short of ideas? We can suggest plenty, but it is up to you whether you are going to follow them or forget them after reading.
Recycling can be done in many ways, you already know that. Many people are aware of different ways to recycle, but a recent survey clearly highlights that only a few actually put their knowledge to practice. Hopefully you are not among them. According to the survey, about 35% of people recycle waste and thus the rate is not that high. The results highlight that a lot of things could have been recycled but were just left out. For instance, only 28% of paper was recycled and only 22% of metals and plastic was recycled – not at all impressive.
Here is how you can recycle things, become green and make the environment healthier. And you know what the best part is? You do not have to go beyond your own home to do it.
- You must already have a couple of old magazines at your home. Gather them and take them to a waiting room at any clinic; the people there might enjoy reading them.
- Kids are creative and generally every upcoming generation is smarter than the previous one. Why not ask your kids to come up with new ways to use everyday objects? They will start playing their part, and when they grow up, so will their kids. This is exactly how a little change leads to huge modifications.
- Have plenty of egg cartons? Use them for various art projects. You could even make a bin from them.
- Ground coffee can be used as your garden fertilizer. Plant some seeds, and you will have vegetation growing in your own backyard.
- As surprising as it may seem, you can even recycle the tubes of toilet paper. You can also use it for wrapping up spare rolls of gift paper.
- Wash your milk bottles properly and use them for water.
These are just a few tips. What are some ways you reuse everyday items?