Keep your yard tidy
• Always keep trees and shrubs trimmed back away from the house. When branches and leaves hang over, pests have an easy walkway right to your home.
• While picking up leaves, grass clippings and falling debris requires additional effort, it is important to get rid of it. Lingering piles of yard debris can serve as a perfect breeding ground for pests to nest and call home.
• Be sure to mow your yard on a regular basis to reduce the risk of a flea or tick outbreak.
• To keep pests from outdoor areas where your family spends time, use Nature-Cide Natural Outdoor Insect & Pest Spray, which can be used to eradicate and prevent outdoor insect, reptile and rodent infestations.
Adorn your yard with proper plants:
• Look for plants that attract predators of pests, such as earthworms, ladybugs and spiders.
Always seek natural products:
• Before choosing pest protection products, be sure to carefully read the label to ensure that they are safe for use around children, pets and plants.
• Some products, such as Nature-Cide natural insect and pest control products, are 100 percent natural and are available in Outdoor, Indoor and All Purpose use formulas.
Keep the indoors clean:
• Always keep the kitchen thoroughly cleaned with no food, liquid or water residue on dishes, countertops or appliances. If you have pets, be sure to keep their food in a sealed container and regularly clean out their food and water bowls. By cutting off their food and water source, most pests will look for a different, more welcoming place to dine.
• Empty trash cans throughout the home on a regular basis. These are prime spots for pests to gather.