If you’re like most American homes, you have a trash bin in every room and you want your family to use it and not toss it just anywhere. Why do we want trash to be treated like trash? Well that’s because we want our home environment to be clean and well sanitized.
Personal hygiene is our basic mode of existence but what about the planet as a whole? We want our house clean but do little for the environment. We need to realize that everything we do puts our mother earth at stake.
Waste management is one of the most debated topics nowadays. The greenhouse effect and the drastic temperature changes are an obvious sign that this planet is not going to survive for long if we don’t control the situation now.
We’re humans and we have certain needs that require various products to come into existence. For those products to make it into our homes (and even after they leave) there’s a lot of waste that needs to be managed.
Waste is not limited to your household category; there’s a whole list of genres that fit in. Human and animal feces, solid wastes, domestic wastewater, industrial wastes and agricultural wastes are all part of the waste crises. So the whole point of this is that waste requires proper management. By proper, we mean the safest and the most environment-friendly manner.
There are numerous waste management methods but what is your role? What can you do to help and contribute in maintaining the sustainability of this planet where the future generation is to live?
- Do your homework! Research the types of waste and the methods of disposal.
- What methods of waste management are the most effective and environment-friendly?
- Meet a professional who can give you an in-depth understanding of what is what.
- Now start spreading awareness. Teaching begins at home, so begin with your family.
- Look around and determine how many disposable items are in your home and try cutting down on them.
- Understand the importance of separating glass, metal and paper waste.
- Practice separating them on regular basis – each should go in it’s own separate bag.
- Remember every effort you make matters. We all are responsible for what we have to deal with now so it’s time we accept it and work on the situation before it backfires.
- Know that separate trash bags are a great help to disposal companies.
This planet is enormous but there’s only so much it can bear. Digging gigantic holes and dumping everything and closing it like nothing ever happened is a sick thing to do. Play your part in reducing the overall waste, managing it at your end and keep reminding yourself that just like your house, this planet is your home too and it needs just as much protection form hazardous waste.
Remember, it’s like brushing your teeth! You cannot just brush your teeth today and forget about it for the rest of the week. You have to do it every day and just like that, you’ve got to keep the environment clean and work on it every day!
Connect with us: Facebook – Twitter – LinkedIn – YouTube – Google +